A Great First Impression

Hi. Hello. Hey. Hola. (jk I don't know Spanish like that). I feel weird typing this out simply because although I know people will be reading this, I feel like I'm typing to myself and it doesn't feel right. 

Anyways, hi. My name is Kayla Jencic, and I'm in 11th grade at Everglades High School. I literally cannot believe that I am a JUNIOR in high school, I think mentally I'm still in eighth grade. I wish I was joking. Junior year is literally so stressful, and for what? Like you're trying to tell me that in TWO years I'm supposed to like.. be in college? Uh, okay sure. I don't exactly consider myself the most interesting person, but I'll try and make this post as interesting as I can, considering its like a "first impression" sort of deal. 

My favorite colors are black and blue, and I guess my biggest hobby currently is that I enjoy playing video games, although with the school year starting again, I've been taking a break with video games in general. I have a dog named Abby and a cat named Jinx, who I adore and love very much. I procrastinate a BIT more than I should (trust me, I know this is bad. I'm working on it). As I am writing this, I have a summer assignment that is due a week from now. SUMMER ASSIGNMENT, meaning I've had ALL summer. Have I started? No. Other than that though, I am a generally good student. I get good grades, study when I need to, and finish all my assignments. I've always been told to try really hard in school, so that's exactly what I do. (besides the procrastination part you just read). I have cerebral palsy, so my childhood was basically filled with a variety of different physical activities so that I didn't have to do literal physical therapy. Things like karate, gymnastics, and even basketball at some point were a huge part of my life, but I'm not involved in those anymore. I now focus on other, less exhausting extracurriculars: Science National Honors Society, robotics, Key Club, and Paws Club. 

Let me talk about the more important stuff now, more specifically the reason I'm writing this blog and the reason I took AICE Media Studies. Originally, the reason I looked into taking this class in the first place was because I was looking for another AICE class to take my junior year. I had heard a few of my friends talk about taking this class, and although it's not the best idea, knowing my friends are in a certain class makes me want to take the class, even if I don't really know what I'm getting myself into. So, that's exactly what I did. I signed up for the class. Now, throughout the first few days of school, I haven't regretted my choice of taking this class, as surprising as it is. (I did regret taking AP Spanish tho, and I am now switched out of it. (: ) I have a lot of my friends in this class, and by a lot I mean like 5? (that's off the top of my head but I don't wanna turn around to count). This project and class does actually seem like something I will enjoy, but also something that the procrastinating side of me is going to DREAD. But I guess I will see. 

I don't know how you got through reading all that, to be honest you deserve a cookie. Seriously.

-Kayla 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR

Color Use

Finished Project Feelings!