My Classmates Camera Shots (and why they were amazing)

    For my latest assignment, I needed to comment on two other blogposts from people in my class, and mention things that I liked about their posts and camera shots. I did Desiree and Zoya, and that assignment was relatively easy because both of them had amazing blogposts that were well formatted, as well as videos that were very well done. Finding things to compliment regarding their blogs wasn't difficult, and now I get the honor to talk more in detail regarding each of their camera shots, and talk more about what specifically stood out in what they created. I also am going to compare their's to mine too, finding things that I could've done better or things that we did similarly. 

Desiree's Camera Shots

    Two of my favorite shots from Desiree's blog were the POV shot and the over the shoulder shot. The POV shot is most relatively used to immerse the audience into a scene, and make them feel like they are part of the shot themselves, basically making the camera angle the "eyes" of the character. Desiree's POV shot really made me feel like I was part of the scene, and it was really well done. Something else that I like about her POV shot is that it also can classify as a low angle shot, meaning that it can create a more intense emotion, as low angle shots tend to create a feeling of power or confidence in a scene. Her POV shot was better done, as hers successfully made the connection of angle with emotion, while mine mainly focused on the angle itself and not the significance. My other favorite camera shot of hers is the over the shoulder shot. These shots are used to create a feeling of intimacy or focus on the relationship between two characters, typically in dialogue. Although Desiree did only place the camera over one character's shoulder, I think that this shot was still well done. I didn't record an over the shoulder shot myself, so I don't have anything to compare it to directly, but I can take notes from her great ability of connecting angles to emotion. 

Zoya's Camera Shots

    My favorite shots from Zoya's blog were the establishing shot and the POV shot. I did not do an establishing shot myself, so I cannot directly compare it to any of mine, but it does remind me slightly of my overhead shot, as both show a character and the setting. I feel that Zoya's was a great example of what an establishing shot is and its importance. Her camera shot did a great job at establishing the setting, and introducing a character, which is the significance of the shot in general. Another favorite of mine was the POV shot. I tend to like POV shots, because I think they really can connect with the audience through its immersive ability, as well as its ability to emphasize emotion in a scene. Zoya's point of view shot does a great job at having a focus point (the railing) where you see a subject in front of the character holding onto the railing and walking up the stairs. I like that her POV shot was able to have something that camera follows, as it creates a static shot that is pleasing for the audience to watch. Zoya's POV shot had more action and more elements than mine did, as mine was more focused on the character walking in a straight line rather than having more elements to make the shot more interesting. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR

Color Use

Finished Project Feelings!